Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baseball Side Table

A friend of mine sent me a link to a baseball night stand she had found online and wanted to know if I would be able to replicate it.

She sent me This Link

She dropped off a wood baseball bat... and I went out and bought a small circle table top. The base was a little difficult. since the link, she is using a base from a previous pedestal table... which I did not have. So I had to work on figuring out what I could use for the base. Well after trying to figure out... Someone commented to use a "base" as a base. So that is what we did.

We cut out the shape of a base and used that as our base of the table.

I keep saying base. its probably confusing to follow. but you will see.. in the photos. I promise.

I then painted the table tops and the "base" white... I hand drew on the seams of the ball. which is nerve wrecking by the way. free hand painting. when I was never a painter. but... I figured it out. and luckily.. this wasn't too difficult.
Then took some glaze and antiqued up the top and the bottom of it.








Isn't it adorable?

Linked up at Tatertots and Jello

Hopefully it fits in well with her son's baseball room! :)

4 comments:

  1. OH my gosh I love it!! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you make this with a team logo on it? I would love one with our favorite team logo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous - :)
    I would love to know which team and which logo. I am quite positive I could. Message me with your information!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved