Wednesday, October 3, 2012

MIni Office

Upstairs, outside our bedroom door is a tiny little nook. I have learned that I really hate wasted space... our house has quite a few nooks. I want to try to use these nooks and make them useful. We had a giant nook in our living room that we managed to fill with an entertainment center we got on Craigslist... which almost perfectly fills it. We have two nooks in our bedroom that our currently in process... we have the most odd sitting room off of our dining room (that I haven't shared on here yet... but I have big plans for someday) and then outside our bedroom... we had this nook at the top of the stairs. I first put a bench there by the window... and for 6 months... it was never used... so I was trying to figure out what we could use that small space for. So I came across a few photos on Pinterest. Where people have taken a window nook and turned it into a desk. Which got me thinking... what if I were to put a desk in front of the big window...

Now there is not a whole lot of room to move the chair back and forth. But it is perfect for me...
So I went on Ana White. and started looking for a desk plan.

I came across the plans for this Desk and fell in love.
The desk was a lot easier to put together than I thought... once it was built.. I had a hard time trying to figure out how I wanted to finish it.

So I headed to Home Depot to look at their stain... and saw one color called classic grey. So I thought I would give that a try.
The color is perfect. Its rustic... and dark. I am seriously obsessed.

The top boards I had... and have some dark spots on the end from a previous poorly stained job... but I reused them for this. You can barely see them now in person... but the flash seemed to pick up on those quite nicely... lucky me ;)

I added a few random things on top of the desk that I already owned... and there you have it ... a mini office nook.
So far... this might be my favorite spot in our house to date :)






Has anyone else tried any new stain colors?
I am looking for a lighter antiqued stain... anyone want to offer me a suggestion? I would very much so appreciate it!

Linked up at TatertotsAndJello

1 comment:

  1. Your desk turned out awesome! I'm so impressed! I love the striped wall, too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved